Share in Facebook!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just got the camera back from the shop last Friday. I had high hopes but some fell short after knowing the B Setting is not working anymore, as well as some indicator lights that have become faulty due to 2 decades of non use.  The camera was diagnosed to have a lot of oxidation inside the internal mechanism so rust has built up inside. The camera lens was also out of alignment and was pretty obvious once it was put back into place. 

The battery pack was customized to support newer batteries by insetting a larger spring and adding some support on the battery barrel. I actually saw this trick from one website that features a lot of history  about the Yashica camera. 


The camera has a character of its own.  Aside from it's classic design, it is very is compact.

After some time fiddling with the camera when I got home I noticed that if I set the camera under Auto and hit the shutter, the opening gets stuck open for sometime. The problem is gone if I set to Flash setting. One more thing that I got a shock from was the external Flash, and its a literal shock!  I got electrocuted from touching this metal piece thats exposed! I've thought of something to cover it so I don't get electrocuted in the face when taking shots.


A lot of people are asking me why do I even bother with the repairs and developing charges if I can get a brand new DSLR camera with all the cool features. It's the analog feel of using one, and the unexpected surprise that I get from the time the roll has been developed. Nothing beats the grain quality of a developed roll of film.






No comments: